List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] kde3 startup sound
From:       "Joe Simon" <joesimon80 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-04-30 17:29:29

I have sound started too.  There was a issue with the 8.2 beta's with es1371
sound cards.  They fixed that problem.  They said it was a menu entry
problem in kde that was causing the sound not to play (go figure).  They
fixed that with 8.2 final and kde2.2.2, but when I installed kde3.0 I have
the same problem again.  I don't know.

Vendor: Ensoniq

Model: 5880 AudioPCI

Kernel Module: es1371