List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] Is there ANY Wireless support planned for 8.2 (?)
From:       Sergio Korlowsky <xe2xpk () nld ! bravo ! net>
Date:       2002-02-28 21:26:29

Is there ANY Wireless support planned for 8.2  (?)  or it is too late,

I mean a more reliable support for PCI and USB Wireless cards and Access
Points, wireless Broadband routers, switchers etc...

Somehow I managed to have a wirelees card working under linux  (sorf of)
with the latest wavelan drivers and also tested the new Orinoco drivers...

I am planning on testing a Linksys PCI-Card and a Linksys Combination, of
four port Broadband Router, switcher, Access Point etc...

Anyone has expertise in this field... added information etc...  (-;   Thanks!

No.... it is Not [OT] Wireless is already a widespread mean of communications.
And Mandrake has to add support for it.  (I hope!)  ;o)

sk
--
Thank - You for contacting the Sedecomp Communications support team...
If you want to discuss this message in further detail, click <reply>

Current Linux kernel 2.4.17-22mdk uptime: 1 hour 34 minutes.