List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] Fixed KDE3 + KDE2 - KDEDIRS=/opt/kde3:/usr
From:       Borsenkow Andrej <Andrej.Borsenkow () mow ! siemens ! ru>
Date:       2002-01-31 19:04:24

I already wrote that when you run KDE2 apps out of KDE3 there are some
problems (most obvious one, icons for non-KDE3 apps are missing).

Well, setting KDEDIRS=/opt/kde3:/usr seems to have fixed it. Not only I
got correct icons and correct fonts, I also got Russian messages formost
apps and menus :-)

I well understand that it may cause other problems. Meanwhile I'm going
to run it this way until it crashes. Looks much better too!

One thing is much longer startup :( Now it starts just as slow as KDE2
did ...

-andrej