List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] drakx/diskdrake and NTFS
From:       Frederik Himpe <fhimpe () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2001-09-30 12:37:51

Hello,

One thing that I noticed in the Mandrake 8.1 installer, is that it does
not mount NTFS partitions by default. I think this should be done by
default, as is done for FAT32 partitions.

When you explicitely mount the NTFS partitions yourself in the Mandrake
installer, the partitions are only accessible as root, as user you get
"Permission denied". I think this should be changed too, or at least,
there should be an option in diskdrake where you can easily choose to
make them accessible to all users or root only.

I think these options would be very interesting, considering that more
and more new Linux users will have NTFS partitions in the future.

Frederik Himpe