List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Majorcool question - why disallow characters that are legal to
From:       "David C. Kovar" <kovar () webnexus ! com>
Date:       1997-07-31 18:29:23

  Majorcool disallows any characters that are not alphanumerics or hyphens
from existing in a list name. We have existing lists, and requests for new
lists, that contain both underscores (_) and plus signs (+). Majordomo and
sendmail handle these easily but majorcool rejects them. Is there a reason
for this? If so, is it something that can be "fixed" in a later release?

  I modified my majorcool.pl file to allow both of these characters and
everything seems to be working. I'm sure that something will break, but I
am not sure what.

-David