List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: Permission problem
From:       Daniel Liston <dliston () sonny ! org>
Date:       2002-04-29 22:51:02

Yes, it is a permission problem.  Sendmail does not like files
that are Group Writable.  Cd to your majordomo/lists directory
and chmod -R go-w.  Actually, that is probably extreme, but it
might as well be done.  You really only need to chmod go-w on
the /usr/local/majordomo/lists/dna-op file to solve the problem
you are currently experiencing.

Dan Liston

> DarkRainbow wrote:
>
> ~ Majordomo version: 1.94.5 ~
> ~ PERL version: 5.6.1 ~
> ~ OS version: FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE ~
> ~ Sendmail version: 8.12.3 ~ (without postfix, or anything)
>
> Heya,
>
> I use Majordomo since 3 months.
>
> However, since 3 days, every time I send an email on one of mailling list I \
> created, I get a return mail "Returned mail: see transcripts for details". Here is \
> the content of the email:
> The original message was received at Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
> from majordom@localhost.domainsns.com [127.0.0.1]
>
> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> > include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/dna-op
> (expanded from: <dna-op-list@doors.domainsns.com>)
>
> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> 550 5.2.4 :include:/usr/local/majordomo/lists/dna-op... Cannot open \
> /usr/local/majordomo/lists/dna-op: Group writable file
[snip]