List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: SUBSCRIBE question
From:       Daniel Liston <dliston () sonny ! org>
Date:       2002-04-29 22:47:06

Greetings Javi,

The best way is to just edit the distribution list at the
OS level.  If you do not have the access or permission to
to this, your approve command idea is close, but requires
the same syntax of every line for each address you add.

See below...

Javi Diaz wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> just a question...
>
> We want to subscribe to a majordomo list a set of users...
>
> the manual sais that the correct way to do this is:
>
> approve <passwd> subscribe <list name> <mail-addr>
>
> it's possible to do this with a HUGE set of users? I mean.. is possible
> to make:
>
> approve <passwd> subscribe <list name>
> <mail-addr1>
> <mail-addr2>
> <mail-addr3>
> <mail-addr4>
> <mail-addr5>
> .
> .
> .

The above lines would each have to have
approve <passwd> subscribe <list name> <mail-addr1>
approve <passwd> subscribe <list name> <mail-addr2>
approve <passwd> subscribe <list name> <mail-addr3>
approve <passwd> subscribe <list name> <mail-addr4>
approve <passwd> subscribe <list name> <mail-addr5>
.
.
.

Dan Liston