List:       macports-users
Subject:    Re: Does MacPorts need ALL of Xcode?
From:       Bjarne D Mathiesen <macintosh () mathiesen ! info>
Date:       2021-09-28 8:01:39

I usually install MacPorts from the tarball.

In my experience, in order for macports itself to compile,
you'll have to
1) install Xcode
2) install the Command Line Tools
3) open Xcode and let it install it's components
otherwise, you'll get the error, that the c-compiler can't create an
executable

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa