List:       m17n
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Using update-alternative to switch input method
From:       Weng Xuetian <wengxt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-02-25 13:12:02

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 4:50 AM Marguerite Su <i@marguerite.su> wrote:
> But still, like the name says, an user environment generator can not work=
 as the 100% replacement for the xim script. We still need to write lots of=
 systemd stuff (targets and etc) to achieve the goals that were done via th=
e LibreOffice/gsettings hacks,  if you want to end up to an IMF systemd ser=
vice
Just to point out, making the IMF a systemd service can be very tricky
for wayland. To use the wayland based input method protocol, certain
wayland compositors (weston, kwin) may pass a socket file descriptor
for the wayland connection for authentication and only such clients
can be used to talk to wayland.

Unless they are handled in some special away (I implemented a special
tool for fcitx5 to pass over the file descriptor
https://www.csslayer.info/wordpress/fcitx-dev/fcitx-5-and-multiple-wayland-=
compositor/
), the compositor is expected to launch the input method framework
server by themselves.