On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 4:50 AM Marguerite Su wrote: > But still, like the name says, an user environment generator can not work= as the 100% replacement for the xim script. We still need to write lots of= systemd stuff (targets and etc) to achieve the goals that were done via th= e LibreOffice/gsettings hacks, if you want to end up to an IMF systemd ser= vice Just to point out, making the IMF a systemd service can be very tricky for wayland. To use the wayland based input method protocol, certain wayland compositors (weston, kwin) may pass a socket file descriptor for the wayland connection for authentication and only such clients can be used to talk to wayland. Unless they are handled in some special away (I implemented a special tool for fcitx5 to pass over the file descriptor https://www.csslayer.info/wordpress/fcitx-dev/fcitx-5-and-multiple-wayland-= compositor/ ), the compositor is expected to launch the input method framework server by themselves.