List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: install latest lyx
From:       Wolfgang Engelmann <engelmann () uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2010-06-29 9:14:29

Am Tuesday 22 June 2010 19:15:17 schrieb Julien Rioux:
> On 22/06/2010 1:05 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> > Am Tuesday 22 June 2010 18:50:24 schrieb Julien Rioux:
> >> On 22/06/2010 12:12 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> >
> > but this gives me:
> > wolfgang@wolfgang:~/lyx-devel$ autogen.sh
> > bash: autogen.sh: command not found
>
> The ./ (dot slash) is important. It tells your shell to execute the file
> from the current folder. If you get an error again, make sure the file
> is present by doing
>
> ls
>
> which should list the files in the current folder. If you copied the LyX
> source files correctly, you should see autogen.sh in there.
>
> Here are build instructions again:
> http://www.physics.utoronto.ca/~jrioux/resources/lyx/#devel

Hello Julien,

Thanks for providing your link. Could you kindly answer the following
questions privately?

1-Do I have to run the ./autogen.sh in my /lyx-devel as root? I did this, but
am afraid that was wrong.
2-how do I start the new lyx respectively how do I at what step tell, the new
lyx should eg be called lyx2?

Once I got my new lyx running, I will report.

Yours

Wolfgang