List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: something wrong with biblatex
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2009-10-26 12:10:25

sara teinturier wrote:

> Thanks Charles, I've taken away the first two lines, now "Bibliographie"
> title appears as the good French word... I use the TeXlive packages for
> Ubuntu 9.04: csquotes package is an outdated version.
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/texlive-extra/+bug/433493) I've
> tried to install the new one, as the readme csquotes package tells, but
> doesn't work yet: the outdated one should be found first by both Latex and
> Lyx, and I don't know how I could uninstall it. I will try! Cheers,
> Sara

I don't think you have to uninstall it.

Download from CTAN the latest version of csquotes and then as root expand it
in :

/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/

you will get a csquotes directory with all the files.

Then run as root texhash to refresh the LaTeX database

LaTeX (and LyX) will then pick up the latest version

All this stuff is going to get much easier with the new version of TeXLive
which will have an automatic installer of new packages but it is not there
yet in Debian and Ubuntu

Cheers,
Charles
--