List:       lyx-users
Subject:    RE: RPG Manual with Lyx?
From:       "Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW" <V.F.vanRavesteijn () tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2009-07-13 17:48:00

Good, otherwise I'd have said not to use LyX :).

> When you have a goal to reach things can be seen in a much clearer
way.
> If you are interested I can write down some sketches of what is needed

> when someone is designing this kind of document, with already created
> examples, and what could be implemented in Lyx to achieve that goal.
> So that we could analyze everything step by step and see if there's a
way
> to implement this or that feature from Latex to Lyx.

The easiest would be to write a module of such a feature. This doesn't
need any adjustments to LyX and you can share it with others.

> If we go trough this adventure I'm sure at the end Lyx's gonna have
much
> more potential than now with not so many added features! I mean,
surely
> we can optimize the needed features for this kind of work. A single
new
> thing can be used to achieve many different results.

I just want to warn you that maybe not everything you want is easy to
accomplish. You can easily be frustrated by all LaTeX code that is
needed. Besides, there are infinite number of features to be added to
LyX, but there won't be support from developers for all. If you can
really indicate a few features that would be useful for a larger
community which do not deviate too much from "LyX's philosophy", we
might end up with a better LyX.

Vincent