List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: RPG Manual with Lyx?
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2009-07-13 16:18:34

Luca De Marini wrote:

> And as I said, of course I know Scribus is a better toy for this kind of
> work. The interesting thing for me is pushing Lyx to the limit, see if it
> can do this work, see if it will make the whole process of writing a
> manual such a pain that using Scribus would be better instead :)
> Greets,

I had a look at the gory, satanic stuff ;-)

The problem with LaTeX and LyX is the positioning of images. You cannot
position absolutely an image on a page in LaTeX. You don't have also the
concept of layers. If you are a LaTeX expert, they are tricks, for example
with tikz but you are going to suffer and too many LaTeX compilation errors
will make you curse and turn you in a soulless ghoul.

Cheers,
Charles

--
http://www.kde-france.org