List:       lyx-users
Subject:    RE: RPG Manual with Lyx?
From:       "Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW" <V.F.vanRavesteijn () tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2009-07-13 14:34:23

>> There is a package called 'wallpaper' that may do this very well with

>> a little bit of ERT.
>

>Thank you very much for your suggestion. Of course I
>can use it but the question is: isn't it better to
>integrate it in Lyx so that people can use wallpapers
>normally? In any case, I'll do it with ERT for now.

We have an option to specify the page background color now, why not
adding a wallpaper option indeed ? I'll propose this to the other
developers. Let's see what happens ;-).

> I don't know how you want to design your RPG manual. But if you have
> complex and very graphically oriented pages, scribus is a better tool.

I don't know scribus, but maybe it's a powerful combination to be able
to use scribus for the graphics part of your document and use LyX for
the text.

>The interesting thing for me is pushing Lyx to the limit, see if it
>can do this work, see if it will make the whole process of writing a
>manual such a pain that using Scribus would be better instead :)

It's nice to push LyX to the limit. I can think of a special editor in
LyX to design header-styles, chapter-styles etc. etc., but it will take
some time before this can be done within LyX. For now, one has to code
LaTeX.

I'm very open to hear good ideas, ..

>Greets,
>
>Luca