List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: import bib refs to show in pdf?
From:       rgheck <rgheck () bobjweil ! com>
Date:       2009-07-13 13:28:40

On 07/12/2009 11:44 PM, Sebastian Stolzenberg wrote:
> Hi rh, Hi All,
>
> Thanks for the reply; attached, please find my test files, that do not
> work now on my ubuntu machine with LyX 1.6.0.
>
> I found the command "bibtex" in test.lyx, so I manually ran bibtex on
> test.bib, with the error message that "test.bib.aux" is not found. I
> am not even close to the actual problem, am I? ;-)

As someone else said, you have to run "bibtex test", not "bibtex
test.bib". (You can also run "latex test" rather than "latex test.tex",
though you don't HAVE to do so.)

As far as these files go, there are no citations in the test file you
sent. If I add one, it works for me. Try putting the files into /tmp and
see if they work there.

rh