List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: RPG Manual with Lyx?
From:       Luca De Marini <luca.darkmaster () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-13 13:04:06

> 2009/7/13 Michael Joyner =E1=8F=A9=E1=8F=AF <mjoyner@vbservices.net>
> >
> There is a package called 'wallpaper' that may do this very well with a
> little bit of ERT.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Of course I can use it but the
question is: isn't it better to integrate it in Lyx so that people can use
wallpapers normally? In any case, I'll do it with ERT for now.

2009/7/13 Charles de Miramon <cmiramon@kde-france.org>

> Luca De Marini wrote:
>
> > Hallo everybody, I'm writing this because I'd like to start a new
> > adventure in lyx now that I know a lot about this tool, only
> fronted-side,
> > not code or LaTex side, sorry. So, I'm writing a Role Playing game manu=
al
> > here in Italy and my idea is that of trying to write it with an
> opensource
> > software. Now, of course I know that for typography the best tool is
> > Scribus. BUT, I love Lyx and I managed to create a fantastic colorful
> > thesis for my Architectural studies with it.
>
> I don't know how you want to design your RPG manual. But if you have
> complex
> and very graphically oriented pages, scribus is a better tool.

Sure Charles, as I said, it is very graphically rich. Look at WhiteWolf's
kind of manual for an example, it costs you nothing, just visit the site or
have a screen of some pages in google! Vampire, Wherewolf, the style's that=
.

And as I said, of course I know Scribus is a better toy for this kind of
work. The interesting thing for me is pushing Lyx to the limit, see if it
can do this work, see if it will make the whole process of writing a manual
such a pain that using Scribus would be better instead :)
Greets,

Luca