List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Aspell gives strange results in French
From:       Olivier_Vilaça <ovilaca () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-28 15:34:12

Hi all!

I have just installed Aspell (0.60.6) on my Mac (Leopard) to get
spellcheking with Lyx (1.6.3). I followed these instructions:

http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/MacSpelling

I also installed the French and English dictionaries.

The install process went well and I have now Aspell working in Lyx.
However, the spellcheking seems to be very bad. It seems to recognize
most of the words but sometimes it doesn't recognize basic French words
like "de", "mots" or "géographie". It is very surprising because I used
it on another computer (with CocoaSpell this time), and everything was
working well.

Any idea about what is going wrong? Thanks!