List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: add "lyx-users" to message Subject?
From:       "Paul A. Rubin" <rubin () msu ! edu>
Date:       2009-05-28 14:47:49

Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> I don't want to direct these messages about lyx to some special folder
> (I can do that later if I wish).  I just want to be able to tell at a
> glance from the Subject showing in Thunderbird that the message is for
> the lyx-users group.

I read the group (in Thunderbird) using the GMANE news feed, so what I'm
about to suggest is something that should work, but not something I've
tested.

You can add a tag named "LyX" (or whatever to the list of T-bird tags,
and assign it a distinctive color.  Then add a filter that looks for the
mail lists sender address, or some other unambiguous header, and tags
the message with the "LyX" tag.  Instead of a flag in the subject line,
you'll see by the color that it's a from the user list.

/Paul