List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Lyx Print-out?
From:       Les Denham <ldenham () hal-pc ! org>
Date:       2009-05-28 13:10:35

On Tuesday 26 May 2009, Bruhtesfa Ebrahim wrote:
> But, I still have one problem. I am using a report document class for my
> thesis. It has only topic page. So, how can i create the front pages of my
> thesis such as the topic page, logo,acknowledgment page etc. in Lyx?
>
> The other option, Can I merge a content written in Lyx and front pages
> written according to latex template into one pdf file?
> How can i do that?

Bruh,

There are ways of doing this in LyX, using ERT for example, but if the
frontmatter requirements are very specific the simplest solution is to create
these front pages separately (in LaTeX, for example, or perhaps a DTP program
such as Scribus) and merge the two PDF files using Pdftk
(http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk).

--
Les