List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: [Bulk] Re: Bibliography Is really complex , or it is a bug
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2009-05-26 13:37:56

Marcelo Reis wrote:

> Charles de Miramon wrote:
>> Marcelo Reis wrote:
>>
>> A quick lokk at your problem seems to reveal that natbib is not
>> compatible with apalike or apalike2. Either you suppress the natbib
>> option and get back to plain bibtex but the formatting of the citation in
>> the bibliography, either you create your own style for natbib with the
>> package custom-bib.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Charles
>>

> Charles, I've hear about the custom-bib but I was not able to find how
> to do it under Windows, is it possible? ("I have searched on google as
> well")

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/custom-bib/

It is a command line program so you have to start it in a terminal in
Windows. It will then ask you a myriad of questions and then spit a bst
file. It is long and tedious and not very user friendly. Then you will have
to put the bst file in a place where LaTeX can find it, renew the LaTeX
index and normally you will be able to choose the style from LyX

I guess you already have custom-bib in your latex distribution somewhere on
your hard disk.

> The other option that you told was suppress the natbib option (Under
> Document Settings in LYX, and choose Default or JURABIB? That is what
> you mean?)
Default.

Cheers,
Charles