List:       lyx-users
Subject:    bibliography dialog reference list is incomplete
From:       Alexandru Cabuz <alexcabuz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-19 12:20:06

Hello,

I have a relatively large document (~70 pages) which contains a relatively
large number of references (138). I have not modified it in a few weeks, and
it compiles just fine.

However, I have now tried to add a reference (the 139th) and when I open the
bibliography window the list on the left side, which is supposed to contain
all of the references in the bib file, is incomplete. I can see all the
references beginning with A, some of the ones beginning with B, one C, one D
and two references starting with P. What is even stranger is that if i click
on an existing reference in the document (say in the Gs), I can see the
reference on the right side of the window, but not in the left side.
Consequently if I remove it, I cannot add it back.

I am running debian stable amd64, with lyx 1.6.1.

The workaround I use is simple: Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, open new file, Ctrl-V.

But there is a slight panic reaction at first, when I remove a reference and
can't add it back...

So this seems to be a bug, and I thought someone should take a look at it.

Thanks.

--
Alexandru I. Cabuz
Tel: +33 (0)6.70.70.46.41

--- Please no Word or Powerpoint attachments.
Send plain text, rich text format, html, or pdf instead.