List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Automatic upper case for citation? (using BibLaTeX)
From:       Piero Faustini <pierofaustini () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-29 9:53:32

I find very annoying the fact that when citing with the verbose-trad styles of
BibLaTeX and it switches to latinitates like "Id." and "Ibid.", LaTeX can't get
it to have the correct upper/lower case (I bet this is NOT a BibLaTeX issue,
but a LaTeX problem):
- When citing at the beginning of a footnote, it puts them in lower case (so I
have to manually switch "Force upper case" in the citation dialogue)
- When citing after a dot of a abbreviated word (I for instnace use a lot the
abbreviation "cfr." ("confronta") just before the citation) it swithches to
UPPER CASE!!!!! And this time I can't force it to use lower case: I tried with
small, protected or inter-word space: no way, and as it does not exist the
opposite of "End of sentence", I can't have it recognize the abbreviation...

I bet this problem could come back in other cases, e.g. textual "<on page>"
cross-references.

Is there a way to have this behave correctly?