List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Help for paper about LaTeX/LyX and the meaning of life
From:       Piero Faustini <pierofaustini () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-24 17:44:26

Steve Litt <slitt@...> writes:

> With the advent of the eBook, it doesn't have to be that way. "Printing" an
> eBook, complete with personalization at the bottom of every page so the
> reader thinks twice about posting his copy for the world to see, it the
> running of a one minute computer program. I have no doubt that one could
> sufficiently automate Paypal, a website and home-brew computer programs to
> fulfill 1000 book orders per day with no human intervention, straight from
> author to reader. Bye bye middlemen!

Yes, yes, yes, Steve.
More: this is the future "market" to be fill up: no publishers/artists means
that Word can't do any more all the huge REQUESTED job. This is the place where
LyX rule. And you, proprietary software programmers stay away, cause the lot of
the work is already done, and it's "open".
One thing: what do you mean with "personalization"?

Piero