List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: lyx2lyx script failed... lyx 1.6.1 >>lyx 1.5.6
From:       rgheck <rgheck () bobjweil ! com>
Date:       2009-03-09 11:58:49

Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> The method proposed by Siegfried works if (and only if) you do not use a
> new feature of LyX 1.6 and if you do not use a feature whose semantics was
> changed (which is the case for many features).

Let me just clarify what Jurgen means by this by giving an example. In
LyX 1.5, a BibTeX inset would be written in the LyX file this way:

\begin_inset LatexCommand bibtex
bibfiles "heck"
options "plain"

\end_inset

In 1.6, it's like this:

\begin_inset CommandInset bibtex
LatexCommand bibtex
bibfiles "heck"
options "plain"

\end_inset

There's a similar difference with citations and other "command" insets.
Changing the format might work with these, if the parser happens to skip
over the "CommandInset bibtex" bit that it doesn't recognize. But if
that did work, it'd be by pure luck, and there are similar cases that
won't work.

As Jurgen said, export to 1.5.x should work on Windows, too. But you
have to find the right file: FILENAME.lyx15.

Richard