List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Strategies for Writing Co-operation with Non-LyX Users?
From:       Wilfried <wh_ng () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-02-26 15:56:57

Guenter Milde <milde@users.berlios.de> wrote:

> On 2009-02-07, Christian Ridderström wrote:
> > On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> >> On Friday 06 February 2009 09:32:12 A B wrote:
>
> >> perhaps a live CD with a whatever-Lyx would be helpful to demonstrate
> >> its merrit to those who care
>
> > Actually, a complete installation of LyX, LaTeX and various software on
> > a CD could be a good idea, assuming it can be run without installing it.
> > I'm not sure it's feasible though.
>
> It is certainly possible with a Linux live system (old Knoppix CDs had
> LyX/LaTeX, later ones removed it due to limited space, maybe it's back on a
> Knoppix DVD...)
>
> But how about trying to get LyX into TeXLive?

There is already a bootable, self-sustained Linux DVD available with LyX
integrated:
http://www.knoppix.org/
The homepage starts in German, for English click on the British flag.
One can download either a cdrom iso image or a dvd iso image.
According to the file "packages-dvd.txt", the dvd image contains
LyX 1.5.3-1 installed, but I haven't tested it yet.

Regards,

--
Wilfried Hennings