Guenter Milde wrote: > On 2009-02-07, Christian Ridderström wrote: > > On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote: > >> On Friday 06 February 2009 09:32:12 A B wrote: > > >> perhaps a live CD with a whatever-Lyx would be helpful to demonstrate > >> its merrit to those who care > > > Actually, a complete installation of LyX, LaTeX and various software on > > a CD could be a good idea, assuming it can be run without installing it. > > I'm not sure it's feasible though. > > It is certainly possible with a Linux live system (old Knoppix CDs had > LyX/LaTeX, later ones removed it due to limited space, maybe it's back on a > Knoppix DVD...) > > But how about trying to get LyX into TeXLive? There is already a bootable, self-sustained Linux DVD available with LyX integrated: http://www.knoppix.org/ The homepage starts in German, for English click on the British flag. One can download either a cdrom iso image or a dvd iso image. According to the file "packages-dvd.txt", the dvd image contains LyX 1.5.3-1 installed, but I haven't tested it yet. Regards, -- Wilfried Hennings