List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Example CVs give error
From:       Uwe Stöhr <uwestoehr () web ! de>
Date:       2009-01-31 0:08:40

Dave Woodfall schrieb:

> I have been using lyx for letters without problem, but now want to write a
> CV. The problem is I always get an error when loading the example CVs.
>
> 'The layout requested by this file xxx.layout is unusable...'

It depends on the CV class that you want to use. For the modernCV example, you need to install the
LaTeX-package "moderncv", for the example simpleCV, the package "simplecv", and for the example
"europeCv", the package "europecv".

To install a LaTeX package, use TeXLive's package manager. Afterwards, restart lyX and reconfigure
it (Tools menu).

regards Uwe