List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Progress on the MS Word to LyX conversion (xml)
From:       Christian_Ridderström <christian.ridderstrom () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-24 11:12:16

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Steve Litt wrote:

> As a sed/awk/perl/ruby parser, I appreciate that very much.
>
> The more I think about it, the more I think I should make the XML->YAML
> and YAML->XML converters. That way, if future generations of LyX project
> programmers forget why it's important to space their XML "just so", it
> won't matter. Also, I have a feeling that YAML will be much easier to
> parse than either 1.5.x or XML.

> At first I'll do them in Ruby because Ruby has all that stuff built in
> and easy to do.

Did you see José's post about how the lyx2lyx stuff is really inside a
Python lib (module)?  You'd probably only need a different kind of wrapper
that calls this module, instead of reinventing everything in Ruby.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr