List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Progress on the MS Word to LyX conversion (xml)
From:       José_Matos <jamatos () fc ! up ! pt>
Date:       2008-07-24 10:40:44

On Thursday 24 July 2008 10:35:11 Charles de Miramon wrote:
> Lyx final product is LaTeX / XeTeX code. Why not keep a format that is
> parsable subset of LaTeX and can easily evolve when more and more LaTeX
> features are added to LyX.

This idea was discussed before and it was abandoned more than 10 years ago.
Every once in a while someone comes with that suggestion, and again we
conclude that it does not work, the best that could be done would be that
subject plus meta comments with annotations.

That task is even more daunting than the conversion to xml.

--
José Abílio