List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Lyx for business
From:       Christian_Ridderström <christian.ridderstrom () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-23 6:35:56

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008, Graham Smith wrote:

>> Pre-think all possible writing situations, and the environments and
>> character styles those situations make necessary. If you give them a
>> good enough layout, and a document explaining what to use when, most
>> LyX writing, even ad hoc stuff, can become easy.
>
> That's exactly what I did with Word, and is my plan for Lyx, but I don't
> have the same level of expertise in Lyx that I did in Word, when I did
> it for Word.

If you can list in detail what you need, I think you're half-way home. :-)
Then you can ask this mailing list for help, only keep it to one issue per
thread (i.e. one paragraph layout per thread). That'll make things easier
for those that want to help and also for people searching the archives in
the future.

/Christian

PS. It'd be great if you would allow the final layout to be used by
others, but I understand if that's impossible for business reasons.

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr