List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Lyx for business
From:       Graham Smith <graham.smith () myotis ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-06-22 16:08:45

Steve,

> Personally, I think for everyday letters, ad-hoc reports, informal
> reports,
> initial design documents, and general "stuff" that's not too
> important,

That's worth thinking about.

> For formal reports that have to look good, and especially if they
> have to look
> consistent with former reports, I'd go with LyX over Word.

This is what I am mainly interested in, having experienced how much
better a report looks produced in Lyx is compared to Word, its the
production of technical reports that I can see the biggest advantage.
But I admit, I had been thinking of trying to move everything over to
Lyx, as Rich has now done.