List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Spellchecker for LyX doesn't work as well as expected
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dominik_B=F6hm?=" <dominik () dbedv ! de>
Date:       2008-03-12 21:00:15

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Andre Poenitz
<andre.poenitz@mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
>  So it does not know about "Konfiguration*einstellung" (neither do I,
>  btw, it's like talking about "weisser Schimmel"...)

Yes I know, the example was very badly chosen, but that doesn't change
the fact that (my) aspell has some problems here.

>  but it recognizes
>  "Rechnemaschine" as error and even suggests the correct "Rechenmaschine"
>  as replacement.
>
>  From what I can tell it works just fine. Mayhbe your aspell
>  implmentation is broken or LyX is mis-configured.

Maybe you're right, I downloaded the proposed aspell6 version from the
LyX servers and run it on Windows. I just saw, that aspell is from
2003, though the latest version from the aspell site is dated december
2006. I doubt that LyX is misconfigured, as I tried every possible
setting.

>  > I hope some of you cannot only understand my problems but will also be able
>  > to provide a working solution.
>
>  Maybe sticking to MS Word is an option.

Even though Word is wrt spell checking and grammar checking superior
to LyX, it's absolutely no option. I want my thesis to look pretty
(with as little effort as possible), so LaTeX in general and LyX in
particular is by far the best option.

Dominik