List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Spellchecker for LyX doesn't work as well as expected
From:       Abdelrazak Younes <younes () lyx ! org>
Date:       2008-03-12 13:24:53

Charles de Miramon wrote:
> G. Milde wrote:
>
>> On 12.03.08, Dominik Böhm wrote:
>>
>>> I just installed aspell German to use it with LyX.
>>> In German you cannot compound arbitrary words to new words.
>>> So, for German this compound setting seems to be pretty useless.
>
> hunspell seems to work better for German :
>
> http://www.j3e.de/ispell/igerman98/index.html
>
> Maybe, you can bribe one of the German Lyx developpers to code support for
> hunspell or better to enchant.

Going to Enchant is in the TODO list since before 1.5.0. I guess it
won't happen before 1.6.0 unfortunately, at least not by me. But, as
I'll be out of work soon, if some company would like to sponsor this
kind of development, I am willing implement this or any other feature...
If someone's interested, who knows, just contact me by mail :-)

Abdel.