List:       lyx-docs
Subject:    Re: Minor error in Intro.lyx (literal "chapter 1" instead of a
From:       Mike Ressler <mike.ressler () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2003-11-14 20:05:11

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 06:37, Helge Hafting wrote:
> The intro itself claims that cross references is one of the strong points of lyx.
> We never have to write a page- or chapter number ourselves.  But the intro
> does just that, when it claims that those who don't know what LaTeX is should
> reread "Chapter 1".  I have attached an Intro.lyx that uses a cross reference instead.
>
> Of course doing this invalidates the claim in section 2.1 that there only is one
> cross reference in the Intro.  I can fix that too, or do you prefer the Intro with
> only one cross reference?

If I recall correctly (and it was a long time ago), this is
semi-intentional. Since we expect most people will read the electronic
Intro rather than a printed version, we wanted to have the "1" in this
case written out, not just show a gray box. It's your call as to whether
that is good or bad ...

Mike

--
Mike Ressler <mike.ressler@alum.mit.edu>