List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    2 questions regarding InsetLayout and InsetArgument
From:       Uwe Stöhr <uwestoehr () web ! de>
Date:       2012-12-31 21:17:44

While I revised chapter 5 of the Customization manual I stumbled over these 2 issues:

1. We have the "LabelType" Sensitive. I read its documentation several times but I don't understand
how it really works. I expect that it can also be used for self-defined floats but that doesn't seem
to work. It also seems to be hardcoded to the type "figure 1" but for custom layouts one often need
other counters or combined counters like "figure 2.A". So how does it really worjk and what is
hardcoded and why?

2. in sec. 5.3.6 in the decription of "LatexType" there is a footnote:

"LatexType is perhaps a bit misleading, since these rules apply to SGML classes, too. Visit the SGML
class files for specific examples."

But I cannot find SGML classes files. Where are they, do we once supported SGML in layouts and now not?

thanks and regards
Uwe