List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    description term in LaTeX source
From:       Guenter Milde <milde () users ! berlios ! de>
Date:       2009-04-30 9:51:24

Dear LyX developers,

is there a reason why the label in a description list is enclosed in
brackets in the LaTeX source so that

  Simple
    description term

  [bracketed]
    description term

becomes

  \begin{description}
    \item [{Simple}] description term
    \item [{{[}bracketed{]}}] description term
  \end{description}

I understand the [ -> {[}, but would expect

  \begin{description}
    \item [Simple] description term
    \item [{[}bracketed{]}] description term
  \end{description}

to work as good.

(There is no urge to change that in LyX, but as I am just working on the
rst2latex export for Docutils, I would like to know if I am going to
break something without this "safety measure".)

Günter