List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Official submission of eLyXer for inclusion in LyX
From:       Alex Fernandez <elyxer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-29 21:38:03

Hi Richard,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM, rgheck <rgheck@bobjweil.com> wrote:
> So far as I can see, math is almost untranslated at this point. (I just
> cloned from git.) Theorem-type environments do not get converted, either.
> There's more on this in a different message.

That is not really true. All formulae in the LyX User Guide are
translated correctly and without errors. The only errors are related
to custom macros and some weird bracketing when using \displaystyle
and friends (the whole formula is surrounded by {}). The LyX Math
Guide outputs a lot of errors, but the big majority are a question of
adding a translation to a config file.

> I don't want to be a party-pooper, but under these circumstances I can't
> agree that eLyXer is "ready for prime time".

It is for many people who just need basic math (like me and, I would
contend, 90% of LyX users). The rest will have to add a bit of work,
if only to report errors or send sample documents. Saying "math is
almost untranslated" is not helpful.

Thanks,

Alex.