List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: c++ question
From:       Andre Poenitz <poenitz () htwm ! de>
Date:       2003-05-19 7:15:30

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 07:57:30PM +0200, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
> is there a way to forward declare a typedef?

Unfortunately not.

> Now it seems to be impossible to forward declare a typedef... so what's the
> correct solution in order not to include the full definition on headers?

One of the working solutions is

  struct/class ErrorList : std::vector<....> { ... };

But Lars won't like it at all and unless the ErrorList shows up in several
dozen .C files I'd even try to feign agreement here.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)