List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: c++ question
From:       Alfredo Braunstein <abraunst () libero ! it>
Date:       2003-05-17 10:32:39

Alfredo Braunstein wrote:

> is there a way to forward declare a typedef?

Going on with my stupid C++ questionary,

I'm sure I've hear that it's not a good practice, but can someone remind me
(what's/is there something) wrong with deriving a class from a std::
container?

In particular, having

class ErrorList : public std::vector<ErrorItem>
{
        ErrorList() : std::vector<ErrorItem> ();
        ErrorList(TeXErrors const &);
}

makes possible to

1) forward declare the class on headers