List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: cvs question
From:       Angus Leeming <a.leeming () ic ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-12-04 15:20:30

On Monday 04 December 2000 15:15, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Angus Leeming <a.leeming@ic.ac.uk> writes:
> | Jean-Marc has just applied my FormPreferences/remove xform_macros.h
> | patch.
> |
> | In the process of "cvs update", I get the line:
> | R src/frontends/xforms/xform_macros.h
>
> This is because you have scheduled the file for "R"emoval
>
> | Is "cvs remove src/frontends/xforms/xform_macros.h" the correct call and
> | if so, what other call should/can I make to actually remove this file
> | from the repository. Or should this be left to the "applier".
>
> To be able to remove the file from the repository you have to have
> write access.
>
> The actual remove is done upon commit.
Sure.

> | Ie, how do we get the call:
> |
> | src/frontends/xforms/xform_macros.h is not needed anymore. Removed.

Well, in the past when files have been removed from the repository to
www.devel.lyx.org, anybody doing a subsequent "cvs update" of their local
repository gets such a message rather than the

R src/frontends/xforms/xform_macros.h

type call.

My point is that the file src/frontends/xforms/xform_macros.h does not now
exist in my repository. Good. However, when I do a subsequent "cvs diff", I
get a patch that references it in the www.devel.lyx.org directory. It's not
beeing updated here (not added to my tree when I do a "cvs update"), but it's
not been removed from www.devel.....

Merely interested...
Angus