List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Any Plans on Using My Pspell Library Soon
From:       Kevin Atkinson <kevina () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2000-07-28 18:49:25

I was wondering there are any plans on using my Pspell
(http://pspell.sourceforge.net) library any time soon.

I honestly think is almost ready for use in LyX expect that the Ispell
module assumes ownership of the SIGCHLD and SIGPIPE signals which might
cause problems as LyX seams to use pipes in a lot of places.  Am I
correct?  If so I would really appreciate some advice on how to correctly
handle those signals.

The previous patch I sent you will need some modifications before it will
work.  I will be glad to make them once the issue with the signals is
resolved.

The current version has an Ispell module available.  However, the next
version of RedHat will ship with my Aspell library/program and I have a
felling other distributions might start doing the same.  Also Aspell is
able to compile with the Mingw version of Gcc 2.95, something which I
don't think the Ispell program can do as requires the Unix emulation
layer.   (Note: I have not tried to compile Aspell .32 on Win32 so there
might be some minor problems)  The Aspell module is also a lot more
functional than the Ispell module at this time.

I would really appreciate if someone could work with me on integrating the
Pspell library into LyX.

--
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net