List:       lustre-announce
Subject:    Re: [Lustre-discuss] pb with Lustre 1.0.1 from targz
From:       Phil Schwan <phil () clusterfs ! com>
Date:       2003-12-23 7:14:25

Hello--

Jean-Christophe Penalva wrote:

>   after downloading the lustre-1.0.1.tar.gz what do i have to do ? Do i realyy
> need the rpm (kernel-2.4.20-24.9_lustre.1.0.1.src.rpm) ?

Yes, you really need to install this RPM.  Lustre requires a number of
patches to the core kernel, mostly to export new functions, add features
to ext3, and add a new locking path to the VFS.

This kernel RPM is patched for Lustre and contains the Lustre modules
built in.  You also need the lustre-lite-utils RPM.

>   I look in the HowTo, but there're some differences between the download site
> and the HowTo guide !!

Thank you for the reminder; we will make sure that the howto is updated.

Thanks--

-Phil