List:       lustre-announce
Subject:    [Lustre-discuss] Help for install the lustre
From:       <songtao_l () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-12-14 8:18:24

  Thanks in advance :->
  I want to install the lustre in our labs.And i encounter some problem:
    1. I download the Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.9_lustre.src.rpm and install
the
     rpm packet . but when i make bzImage , some Error information occur:
     parse error UTS_RELEASE undeclared

    2. So I change the way to install lustre:
        i build the kernel 2.4.20-20.9_bdevel_20031107****
         and  tar -xzf lustre_bdevel.tar.gz and make install lustre.
       And then when i call lconf , some Error information occur:
        portals srcdir none devfs libcfs
       !modprobe (error 255):
        > modprobe : can't locate modules portals

   3 If i have download a pre-pached kernel ,
     should I make install the Lustre packet and potals?
     And how do with it ?