List:       lucene-dev
Subject:    Re: too many classes visible with "ant javadocs"
From:       Erik Hatcher <erik () ehatchersolutions ! com>
Date:       2005-05-01 22:09:56

On May 1, 2005, at 3:06 PM, Daniel Naber wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 April 2005 02:53, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>
>> By all means feel free
>> to take over the build process refactorings if you'd like.
>
> I think you as the ant expert can do that much better, and my mail
> wasn't
> meant as a complaint that things don't progress fast enough.

I've spent some time today refactoring the build process to unify the
main build to also build the contrib libraries, yet still allowing them
to be built by themselves.  I will check in my effort later tonight.

> One small thing: "ant test" complains that JUnit isn't found if it's
> not in
> classpath. As we have junit.jar in CVS, couldn't that be used
> automatically?

junit.jar really ought to be removed from our repository.  Due to
classloader issues, <junit> doesn't work with junit.jar anywhere but in
the classpath that launches Ant.  The Ant best practice is to put
junit.jar in ANT_HOME/lib anyway.  I have adjusted the build file that
I'll check in later to account for this.

	Erik