List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] LTSP Stackexchange site proposed
From:       "Pedro G. Rodrigues" <pgorod () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-27 10:44:39

I was there yesterday and registered (as "pgr"), voted and questioned.

It still needs cooperation, everyone please go there and do your part so
we can get a very nice discussion forum working there... it will be a
great improvement compared to this list which is pretty old and awkward
to use, by today's standards...

Pay attention not to vote questions with more than 10 votes already,
you'll spend your votes and they won't count for what we need. We need
to make a lot of questions reach 10 votes.

My guess, based on my own experience, is that there are a lot of people
on this list who have LTSP setups, but mostly ignore the list when
they're not actively working on their LTSP configuration. Once it's
working satisfactorily they forget about it... until they need to
upgrade or install somewhere else. We need to reach these people and get
them to make the extra effort now.

Maybe an extra email from the administrator, apart from the regular
digest, even for people who selected digest option? Something that
stands out.

Thanks.
Pedro