List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] LTSP Client Poweroff
From:       Hans Ekbrand <hans () sociologi ! cjb ! net>
Date:       2002-11-28 22:07:13

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 08:48:19AM -0600, Ivan Pulleyn wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Hans Ekbrand wrote:

> > > Depending on your kernel configuration, you may need to put
> > > 'apm=power-off' on the kernel command line. Older kernels (prior to
> > > 2.2.15) might need 'apm=smp-power-off'. After that, 'shutdown -h now'
> > > will turn off the machine.
> >
> > I have also never got the shutdown in busybox to work, is your tip
> > tested?

> Not in LTSP. The "apm=" fixes the problem where you shutdown and the
> kernel finally says "power down", but then never powers off.

I have only tried to shutdown old (non-ATX) clients, and on them,
shutdown in busybox does not seem to do anything at all. Wouldn't it
be nice if they unmounted the remote file system (or would that be
impossible since it is / ?)

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
GnuPG key: 1024D/7050614E