List:       ltp-list
Subject:    Re: [LTP]
From:       Jiri Palecek <jpalecek () web ! de>
Date:       2009-06-12 12:08:11

On Wednesday 10 June 2009 14:06:25 Munipradeep Beerakam wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> Here is the list of testcases in May 2009 LTP, which *may* result in
> FAIL even though it is a configuration error, not the error due to the
> functionality we are testing. Those tests should give "CONF" message,
> not "FAIL". I ran LTP on 2.6.18 kernel, x86 architecture.
>

> 3. get_mempolicy01
> Part of code, which is not correct
> tst_resm(TFAIL, "set_mempolicy() failed - errno = %d : %s",TEST_ERRNO,
> strerror(TEST_ERRNO));
> tst_resm(TFAIL, "malloc failed - errno = %d : %s",TEST_ERRNO,
> strerror(TEST_ERRNO));
>
> 4. mq_open01
> Part of code, which is not correct
> if (TEST_RETURN < 0) {
> tst_resm(TFAIL, "mq_getsetattr failed - errno =
> %d : %s",TEST_ERRNO, strerror(TEST_ERRNO));

Not that I'd say this code is stellar, it may even be incorrect, but changing these \
to TCONF wouldn't be correct either. These error messages should be TCONF only if \
errno is ENOSYS, otherwise, they should be reported as TBROK, because it would be an \
error that prevents the test to run. The best option, however, would probably be to \
add a tst_kvercmp check for kernel versions that contain the respective functions.

Regards
    Jiri Palecek