List:       ltp-coverage
Subject:    Re: [Ltp-coverage] lcov generates an info file with SF: entries
From:       Peter Oberparleiter <oberpar () linux ! vnet ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2008-09-29 8:01:14

Verweij, Arjen wrote:
> This does help, however now an include file converters.h is alledged to
> be in obj/include when the include directory does not exist there.
>
> ERROR: cannot open
> /tmp/verweija/sandbox/int/converter/obj/include/converters.h for
> reading!
> wx024_108: find sandbox -name converters.
> sandbox/int/converter/include/converters.h
>
> Should I try the same recipe for this problem?

Look at the compiler statement used to compile the source code in which this include \
file is contained: if that statement contains relative paths (e.g. in the -I option), \
changing those to absolute form should help. If that doesn't work, I'll need the \
information listed in my previous post to investigate the cause for this particular \
problem.

> Is there any way I can make things easier for lcov? Perhaps rework
> Makefiles so they keep compiled files next to cpp files?

There may be several approaches that could help:

1. move the .gcno files to the current working directory during compilation:

Change:

  gcc -c src/code.c -o obj/code.o -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage

  gcc -c src/code.c -o obj/code.o -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage ; mv obj/code.gcno .

2. use the same current working directory for compiling all files and specify that \
directory as --base-directory to lcov:

e.g. cd $(TOPLEVEL) ; gcc src/code.c -o obj/code.o

3. specify all paths (-I, -o and source paths) as absolute

Regards,
  Peter