List:       lprng
Subject:    Re: LPRng: printcap format error?
From:       Martin Stolle <mstoll () sus ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2002-12-23 23:58:39

I think I found what the problem is:

the .defaults sectino was marked as "Client", but the other section
wasn't.  So as a server, it only sees the main section with the include,
but not the section that is being included.  So changing it to:

------------------------------
ctfozone|*
:client
:tc=.common

.common
:lp=%Q@printserv
:client
:force_localhost@
------------------------------

or even

------------------------------
ctfozone|*
:client
:tc=.common

.common
:lp=%Q@printserv
:force_localhost@

solved the problem.  D'oh.  I guess the "client" is sort of a
meta-option, that describes stuff about the option and is not really
about the printer, which makes sort of sense.  (Once you think about
it...)  I guess if you are overly picky, one should have a special
"dependent" or "noclientnorserver" option, that makes the option not be
a printer, but just an include section, that is then being checked in
the context of the printer that it is being included in.  OTOH, there
are probably more urgent problems to work on....

Martin